Position Title: Web Design & Maintenance Coordinator
Part time position: 15 hour/week for a one-year contract, with potential of renewal until March 2022
We are looking for a Web Design & Maintenance coordinator who will be responsible for maintaining our WordPress Site and to design user friendly features. Primary duties include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas generated by our Project, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our branding. The coordinator will be working closely with our web technical team to implement novel changes and updates to the website content.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator; excellent knowledge and proficiency working with WordPress in multilingual formats (English, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified), and comfortable working with project/content management applications, such as Clickup.
• Report to PROTECH project manager
• Under the guidance of the PROTECH Tech/Web Design Working group
• Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organization’s website based on project objectives and milestones.
• Working with our technical contractor, respond to and troubleshoot all website issues, including security, regular updates and data protection.
• Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information in multiple languages.
• Working with Content management Coordinator, create appropriate website content aligned to the organization’s strategy.
• Ensure website creative design, quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans; improve the User Experience (U/X).
• Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards.
• Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics.
• Meet with content workgroups regularly to brainstorm, transforming project goals and objectives into content to be implemented on website.
• Establish designs, contents, and maintenance guidelines, standards, and best practices.
• Designing visual images for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding.
• Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site-maps and wireframes via content/project management applications.
• Designing sample pages and posts including colors and fonts.
• Coordinate content input workflow, including translation, with the content management coordinator, and related volunteers.
Qualification and Requirements:
A degree or diploma in Computer Science, IT, or a related qualification.
• Work or Intern experience in Website management and design.
• Experience working with WordPress in multilingual formats (English, Chinese Traditional, and/or Chinese Simplified).
• Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
• Good understanding of content management systems.
• Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
• Visual design skills.
• Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
• Creative and open to new ideas.
• Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluency in both English and Chinese (Simplified and/or Traditional).
• Work well under pressure and in team environments.
For further information about Project PROTECH, please consult our website at www.projectprotech.ca. Project PROTECH is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Project PROTECH offers a competitive salary and benefits in the non-profit sector.
Project PROTECH thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and position title you are applying in the subject line by Friday June 12, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org