Pandemic Acceptance and Commitment to Empowerment Response (PACER) Training is a mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and social justice and collective empowerment-based group training, consisting of six interactive online learning modules and six corresponding weekly group video-conferences.
PACER is a mindfulness and social justice-based group training, consisting of six interactive online learning modules and six corresponding weekly group video-conferences.
PACER is designed to provide participants with tools to cope with COVID-19-related demands and challenges.
The program is unique in that it builds on the insights gained from stigma reduction and empowerment interventions previously carried out by our team members.
It goes beyond psychological coping to support participants in building collective resilience and empowerment. PACER is offered to highly impacted and impactful groups, such as frontline service providers and individuals/families directly impacted by COVID-19, as well as community leaders who play key roles in advancing community responses.
The goal of PACER is to increase psychological flexibility, resilience, and capacity to promote community prevention & empowerment efforts. You are eligible to participate in PACER if you are:
- a frontline health/social service provider or staff at any healthcare / social service setting;
- a member from the Asian community, and:
- you have been affected by COVID-19, or
- your family members have been affected by COVID-19, or
- you are a community leader or a volunteer committed to promoting community collective resilience
PACER is conducted in two different streams:
- PACER-HCP for Healthcare Providers: conducted in English only.
- PACER-COM for the Asian Community: conducted English, Mandarin & Cantonese.
For upcoming training or more information, please check our latest posts or contact:
PACER for Healthcare Providers Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
PACER for Asian Community Coordinator: email@example.com
UPCOMING PACER SCHEDULE
Next PACER-HCP Wave – Every Wednesday for 6 weeks, starting September 16, 2020
Pandemic Acceptance & Commitment to Empowerment Response Intervention for Healthcare Providers (PACER-HCP)
– Dedicated to Healthcare Providers and Staff – conducted in English only;
Next PACER Community Wave – Every Wednesday for 6 weeks, starting September 16, 2020
Pandemic Rapid-response Optimization To Enhance Community-Resilience and Health (Sim2)
– Dedicated to Chinese community members – conducted in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.