PACER is a mindfulness and social justice-based group training, consisting of six interactive online learning modules and six corresponding weekly group video-conferences.
PACER is designed to provide participants with tools to cope with COVID-19-related demands and challenges.
Pandemic Acceptance and Commitment to Empowerment Response (PACER) Training is a mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and social justice and collective empowerment-based group training, consisting of six interactive online learning modules and six corresponding weekly group video-conferences. The program is unique in that it builds on the insights gained from stigma reduction and empowerment interventions previously carried out by our team members.
It goes beyond psychological coping to support participants in building collective resilience and empowerment. PACER is offered to highly impacted and impactful groups, such as frontline service providers and individuals/families directly impacted by COVID-19, as well as community leaders who play key roles in advancing community responses.
The goal of PACER is to increase psychological flexibility, resilience, and capacity to promote community prevention & empowerment efforts. You are eligible to participate in PACER if you are:
- a frontline health/social service provider or staff at any healthcare / social service setting;
- a member from the Asian community, and:
- you have been affected by COVID-19, or
- your family members have been affected by COVID-19, or
- you are a community leader or a volunteer committed to promoting community collective resilience
We conduct PACER Training in two different streams:
– PACER-HCP for Healthcare Providers: conducted in English only.
– PACER-COM for the Asian Community: conducted English, Mandarin & Cantonese.
For upcoming training schedule, please check our latest posts or Protech calendar; or announcement on this page.
You may visit our PACER FAQ page for more detailed information, or contact one of our Coordinators:
PACER for Healthcare Providers: email@example.com
PACER for Asian Community: firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for PACER, please complete our Eligibility Screening Questionnaire which can be found here. You will be able to indicate your preference for the HCP or COM group within the questionnaire. Completing this form will add you to our waitlist. One of the PACER coordinators will contact you when a cohort slot opens up that aligns with your availability.
UPCOMING PACER SCHEDULE
Two New PACER-HCP Waves –
1. Every Wednesday for 6 weeks, starting January 20, 2021.
2. Every Wednesday for 6 weeks, starting February 17, 2021.
– Dedicated to Healthcare Providers and Staff – conducted in English only;
Next PACER Community Wave – Every Wednesday for 6 weeks, starting January 27, 2021.
– Dedicated to Chinese community members – conducted in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.