Position Title: Content Management Coordinator
Part time position: 21 hour/week for a one-year contract, with potential of renewal until March 2022
We are looking for candidates who possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically. Content Management duties include producing and publishing relevant and factually accurate contents, writing, editing and proofreading, formulating content strategies and coordinating a content team (primarily volunteers), among other tasks.
Content Management Coordinator should be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence, as well as using analytics in the formulation of a content strategy. Here, contents include up-to-date information in existing categories already on the PROTECH website, as well as multimedia articles, blog posts, images or videos that aid in fostering engagement online and on social media platforms.
• Report to PROTECH project manager
• Under the guidance of the PROTECH Content Management/Editorial Working group
• Research, writing, editing and proofreading contents.
• Coordinating a content team consisting of writers, graphic designers, videographers, etc.
• Formulating a cross-platform content strategy on a proactive and reactive basis.
• Brainstorm with team members to develop new and responsive ideas that are on-brand, engaging, and in tandem with initiatives and project highlights.
• Build a following on social, with specific emphasis placed on appropriately engaging audience via different platforms (WeChat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
• Provide editorial, creative and technical support to team members.
• Track web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
• Manage contents across all platforms, including email and social media.
• Regularly meet with team leads to engage in creative strategy focused on building brand awareness, engaging target audiences, meeting community needs, and outreach.
Qualification and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (Simplified and/Traditional).
• 3-4 years agency experience or in a similar role.
• Adept at keyword placement and SEO best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly computer competency, knowledge working with WordPress and/or HTML.
• Proficiency with popular content management systems.
• Experience with social media management.
• Creativity and the ability to develop original contents.
• Ability to develop content that provokes meaningful engagement.
• Strong leadership and teamwork qualities.
For further information about Project PROTECH, please consult our website at www.projectprotech.ca. Project PROTECH is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Project PROTECH offers a competitive salary and benefits in the non-profit sector.
Project PROTECH thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and position title you are applying in the subject line by Friday June 12, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org