Position Title: PROTECH Community Engagement Program Associate
Part time position: 21 hour/week for a one-year contract, with potential of renewal until March 2022
• Report to PROTECH project manager
• Under the guidance of the PROTECH Community Engagement Working group chaired by the PROTECH Community Engagement PI lead
- Coordinate townhall /focus groups:
• Coordinate different PROTECH work-group/committees to plan and conduct community townhall meetings, focus groups or consultation sessions for different priority target populations
• Coordinate and conduct documentation and data collection of the above activities
• Support knowledge exchange activities based on ideas generated from the above activities
- Outreach and promote community engagement initiatives:
• Coordinate the meaningful deployment of volunteers to contribute to community engagement and mobilization activities of PROTECH
• Mobilize affected target communities to share their lived experiences and resilience responses to the COVID-19 pandemics through different components of the PROTECH project
• Support coordination of planning activities to develop new collaborative community initiatives in response to emerging needs
• Support documentation and data collection of collaborative community partnership initiatives of PROTECH
- Monitor emerging social issues and promote community engagement activities on PROTECH website and related online presence:
a. Work with media and website content management work groups to monitor social issues and update related media contents of our website.
b. Work with community engagement workgroup members and volunteers to generate social issues related stories to be published on Protech website.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Graduate degree in health and social science and 2 years related work experiences or equivalent combined academic and work experiences
- Demonstration of understanding of anti-oppression, empowerment and capacity building frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in community outreach, engagement, needs assessment & mobilization activities with Chinese, Asian and/or racialized communities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in event and project planning, promotion and coordination
- Demonstrated skills in working with diverse stakeholders in teamwork setting
- Demonstrated skills in delivering time-sensitive project outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in community-based research with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated strong communication and writing skills for different media platforms
- Computer and online technological literacy including Microsoft Office, Usage of Dropbox, google documents, zoom and other video conferencing platforms
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese language an asset
For further information about Project PROTECH, please consult our website at www.projectprotech.ca. Project PROTECH is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Project PROTECH offers a competitive salary and benefits in the non-profit sector.
Project PROTECH thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and position title you are applying in the subject line by Friday June 12, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org