CCNC-SJ is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. If you are someone with disabilities in need of accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process, please let us know in your introduction. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
We are looking for a creative Part-Time Social Media Coordinator with a critical lens and passion for social justice to join our team!
The role of our Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing social media strategies across CCNC-SJ’s digital channels, along with tracking and optimizing progress to increase advocacy for anti-racism awareness, promote partnerships, projects and programs, and engage with partnered organizations, online communities, and subscribers. Our digital community is vibrant and diverse in nature with allies and community leaders/members seeking anti-racism support and resources produced by our projects and campaigns.
You’ll be working remotely with our coordinators to create and share content for our ongoing programs and projects, manage campaigns, and support and engage with our partners to enhance our advocacy work and spread awareness. Hours are flexible throughout our operating hours on Mondays to Fridays (with statutory benefits in accordance with the Employment Standards Act, 2000, as amended).
Hourly Wage: $24/hr
Region: Metro and Greater Toronto Area
Organization’s Field/Discipline: Social Justice Advocacy
Job’s focus: Creative and Administrative
Job Type: Part-Time, 10-15 hrs per week
Location: Remote (Work from home)
Career Level: Entry level
Application Deadline: January 21, 2022
Start Date: February 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- In consultation with Board and Coordinator, develop, implement social media strategies to spread awareness and impressions
- Create content and posts aligned with current events and topics on anti-racism work
- Pinpoint CCNC-SJ’s key social media performance indicators
- Work with staff and board to ensure content is informative and aligns with our vision
- Manage and oversee social media channels content and activities
- Measure and report on the success of social media campaigns
- Keep abreast of the latest social media practices and technology
- Communicate with partners and audiences via social media to strengthen our network
- Provide constructive feedback on social media campaign strategies
- Update our website with new campaigns, press releases, and related news
- Track published media, events, and honorable mentions
- Maintain and upkeep press lists and media contacts
Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should have, but not be limited to, a strong grasp of current digital tools and strategies, knowledge of social justice practices and current events, and experience with running social media campaigns, graphic design, and web platforms.
- Undergraduate/college degree, preferably in marketing, communications, project management or digital media
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Experience with digital content creation experience (ie. Adobe Creative Suite/Photopea, basic video creation and editing capabilities, Canva, etc).
- At least 1+ years of experience managing social media profiles (creating and engaging)
- Ability to manage and engage multiple social media platforms such as posting stories, reels, videos, and etc
- Strong copywriting, research, verbal/written communication and editing skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Must be a team player and work in a start-up environment
- Working knowledge in technology (GSuite, video making, Zoom, Excel, PPT, etc).
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets to analyze data and define actionable insights.
- Ability to adapt and learn new tools and platforms related to social media.
- Self-motivated personality that embraces change, challenge, and organization.
- Experience with paid social campaigns, and SEO and Google Analytics.
Accountability and Reporting
This position reports to the President of CCNC-SJ and works closely with our coordinators who provide day-to-day guidance and support to this position.
To apply, visit ccncsj.ca/opportunities and include your resume, CV, 3 references, and, if available, examples of previous campaign work.