On Wednesday, February 2, Justice For Workers is hosting two emergency phone actions: 11:30 am (EST) and 6 pm (EST).
Demanding restore $500 in federal income support! Fix EI for good!
Sign Up here.
On Wednesday, February 2, we will be hosting 2 emergency phone actions:
- 11:30 am to 12:15 pm EST (8:30 am to 9:15 am PST and 12:30 pm to 1:15 pm AST)
- 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm EST (3:00 pm to 3:45 pm PST and 7:00 to 7:45 pm AST)
Please RSVP below to receive the Zoom information.
OMICRON has created a new crisis on the frontlines. Workers and their family members are getting sick in record numbers; capacity restrictions are causing layoffs and lost shifts; reduced demand for goods and services are having knock-on effects resulting in layoffs and job losses.Yet the federal government’s response has been shockingly inadequate.Nobody can survive on the $300 per week ($270 after-tax) offered by the Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit (CWLB) and we must demand everyone in need gets at least $500 in weekly income support.Help sound the alarm to fix our Employment Insurance system permanently.
Fixing EI means:
- At least $500 in weekly income permanently;
- Reduce the required insurable hours to 12 weeks of work or 360 hours;
- Make all EI benefits available for at least a year;
- Eliminate unfair rules that punish workers for leaving exploitative work;
- Ensure access for migrant workers; and
- Stop treating gig workers as self-employed, and end this practice of misclassifying workers so all of us have our full rights and protections