Position Title: PACER Training Coordinator
Part time position: 21 hour/week for a one-year contract, starting February 2021
Pandemic Acceptance and Commitment to Empowerment Response (PACER) Training, a key component of Project PROTECH, is a mindfulness and social justice-based group training. Offered in English and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese), PACER is consisting of interactive online learning modules and six corresponding weekly group videoconferences. PACER is designed to provide participants, health care providers (PACER-HCP) and targeted Asian community members (PACER-COM), with tools to cope with COVID-19-related demands and challenges.
We are looking for candidates who possess the ability to organize and to think analytically. The main duties include:
- plan and coordinate successive cohorts of PACER intervention groups
- coordinate, oversee, and facilitate recruitment efforts
- communicate with, enrol, and support PACER study participants
- carry out the initialization, operation, and maintenance of online PACER modules
- coordinate and support the operation of the online and virtual group intervention
- facilitate data collection, including questionnaires and focus groups
- coordinate PACER related team meetings, program documentations, and resources
- facilitate internal and external communication and updates, and
- oversee the recruitment, enrolment, training, and deployment of PACER facilitators as part of the train-the-trainer program
- Report to PROTECH project manager
- Work under the guidance of the PROTECH PACER Working group that is chaired by the Project PROTECH Researcher Leads
PACER Intervention Coordination
- Develop relationship with target communities (COM/HCP) and enact strategies in coordination with PROTECH team for effective promotion and successful recruitment
- Screen potential participants for eligibility and enroll/waitlist participants to appropriate group interventions (COM/HCP) on an on-going basis
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, and facilitate implementation of successive cohort rollout, including facilitators, participants, and materials
- Establish relationship, ensure communication, and use effective resources (e.g., regular email reminders, intervention timeline and overview, etc.) to provide continuous support for participants through each phase of the intervention, including recruitment, enrollment, intervention, follow-up, and potential facilitator training
- Facilitate and coordinate technical implementation of intervention, including duplicating and maintaining online learning modules and scheduling online videoconferencing
- Facilitate, coordinate, and oversee data collection, including pre, post, and follow-up questionnaires and focus groups
- Problem-solving and resolve arising issues, such as technical problems, missed online sessions, incomplete online engagement, etc.
- Extract weekly module responses for cohort facilitators and for data analysis
- Record keeping of participant and cohort parameters, including attendance, participation, completion of forms, honoraria, etc.
- Assist and coordinate train-the-trainer program, including working with the PACER team to track participants interested in becoming a facilitator and oversee their training, evaluations, and deployment
PACER Team Coordination
- Coordinate PACER Team meetings and other meetings
- Identify implementation issues and facilitate agenda setting
- Taking and distributing meeting minutes
- Track and assist with follow-up of discussed agenda items
- Organize and maintain accessible systems to keep track of on-going PACER activities, including meetings, intervention cohorts, resources, Zoom links, etc., such as using shared calendars, documents, folders, spreadsheets, etc.
- Provide periodic relevant updates, e.g., team meetings, team email communication, PROTECH newsletter write-up
- Keep all shared resources updated and organized
- Timely respond to inquiries and communication from team members, participants, and external sources
- Password-protect all documents with sensitive or confidential information
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Graduate degree in applied social and health sciences with a combination of relevant education, training and experience in cross-cultural community-based research
- Demonstration of understanding of anti-oppression, empowerment and capacity building frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in outreach and recruitment across diverse sectors (e.g., healthcare, community non-profit, social services, students, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in event and project planning, promotion, and coordination
- Demonstrated effective skills in working with diverse community and service providers.
- Demonstrated detail-oriented skills in coordinating complex training schedules and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to meet time-sensitive project outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in community-based research with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated strong communication and writing skills for different media platforms
- Computer and online technological literacy including: Online learning platforms, Microsoft Office, Usage of Cloud services (such as Dropbox, google documents), and video conferencing platform (such as Zoom)
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese language
Project PROTECH is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Project PROTECH offers a competitive salary and benefits in the non-profit sector.
Project PROTECH thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and position title you are applying in the subject line by Wednesday March 3, 2021 to: email@example.com