In the midst of the global health crisis and increased racism and discrimination affecting our communities, we have also witnessed many inspiring stories of community care, mutual support and courageous advocacy.
Local community mutual support efforts:
Community Legacy and Advocacy
- COVID Claims 111-years old Foon Hay Lum, pioneer activist for Chinese Canadians
- 丈夫Jack當年來加須付人頭稅 林煥喜70歲時爭取平反排華法譜寫傳奇故事 勾勒華人加國奮鬥生活 Mingpao Daily (2020/04/26)
- 丈夫Jack当年来加须付人头税 林焕喜70岁时争取平反排华法谱写传奇故事 勾勒华人加国奋斗生Mingpao Daily (2020/04/26)
- ‘The bodies are going out the door’: Inside a Toronto long-term care home (Toronto Star)
- ‘How many deaths does it take’: Mon Sheong Home for the Aged in crisis and waiting for help promised
Speaking out against Racism:
To share your stories
If you have personal experiences to share or if you know of other stories on our community’s responses to COVID-19, please submit your stories through the link below:
If you have experienced racism and discrimination related to COVID-19, please share your experience using the online survey by the Chinese Canadian National Council Toronto Chapter.
If you want to share your knowledge, attitudes and experiences related to COVID-19, you can participate in the online survey conducted by Dr. Peter Wang from the MUN University.